Wednesday, November 18

What's Up With This Blog??

How 'do, everyone.

If you're paying close attention, you know I've taken an unplanned hiatus from posting anything new since the end of September.

Honestly, after 8 years of doing this as a part-time labor of love, I've needed the break. Life, work, family, and unexpected things like the pandemic have all conspired to make the blog a lower priority for me in recent weeks.

So here's the deal: I do NOT plan to stop doing this altogether. I will share a new Peter Holsapple solo show upgrade soon. But I will be winding down the once-every-week posting schedule by the end of this year.

Starting in 2021, I will post if and when time allows, when there's something timely to share. By "timely to share," I mean something related to the bands & individuals who originally inspired this blog: members of The dB's, Let's Active, and artists connected to the North Carolina indie pop scene. Over time, I will upgrade MP3-only posts with lossless files, probably slowly. (In some instances, I only ever had lossy files, so those will remain as they are.)

Of course, if there's an Alex Chilton, or Big Star, or equivalent news item or post that captures my fancy, you can bet I will post it here for your reading & listening pleasure.

I plan to keep my Dropbox account for the foreseeable future. However: just in case I get hit by a bus (or COVID-19), I recommend paging through the blog to make sure you've got everything you might want to snag. God knows, if I keel over tomorrow, neither my wife nor my kids are gonna THINK about this blog hobby of mine!

Please take care, y'all. Get some sleep. Eat a salad. Hug your loved ones. Wear your masks. And keep enjoying the music.

Rob

14 comments:

  1. No worries at all, Rob. I think we've all got a whole lot of listening to do to catch up on your posts. It's a feast that takes some while to digest!
    Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for everything you've done and will continue to do.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, thank you! Have enjoyed everything - relax. stay safe and enjoy the upcoming holidays with your family. Appreciate all you have done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob, thank you very much for all of the dB's, Alex Chilton and Let's Active shows you've shared over the years. I really appreciate your efforts and will look forward to your future posts no matter what the frequency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Please take care, y'all. Get some sleep. Eat a salad. Hug your loved ones. Wear your masks. And keep enjoying the music'....the soundest advice that I've came across in ages....please all heed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are Ok Rob. I was worried by the sound of silence. Thanks for all the great posts on your fantastic blog. Stay safe and take care. Simon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are well. Your absence was noticed by many I am sure, and it is good to hear it is noting more than a bit of blog fatigue. I have been well impressed by your blog since I discovered it, and love have it as a resource. Thanks for your hard work and dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, better to slow down than disappear. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you hardly does justice, but it's all I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your shares over the years and giving us the chance to hear so much great music that we otherwise would probably never have done.
    All the best for the future and take care everyone.
    SteveO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all you have done for all of us. Please stay safe during these crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think you will ever know what this endeavor has meant to me personally, and to the legacy of The dB's. I see 51 entries beside the band's name in the index, and it blows my mind that there could be 51 worthwhile things to post about us; and then I realize that your curation and enthusiasm here has made that so. Not to mention all the rivers and branches and heroes and would-be's you have given a home here. Minds have been opened on your watch. And despite your semi-retirement, we will try to give you good things to lure you back periodically. Thank you sincerely from me and the rest of the band, and I'll be watching for Saturday's big news!

    Peter H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for chiming in, Peter. You and your music have inspired me greatly over the years. Best holiday wishes to you and your family, kind sir.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for all your posts Rob & friendship.
    Take some time & come back when you are ready to.
    Take care & stay safe.
    Best wishes,
    C.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...