Friday, January 29

Tim Finn - London 1984 + Auckland '86

The Venue
London, UK
March 14, 1984

FM broadcast (sound quality VG+)

SAMPLE: "Dock of the Bay" (London '84)


01   Through the Years
02   Below the Belt
03   Grand Adventure
04   Growing Pains
05   Not For Nothing
06   The Shape I'm In
07   I Only Want to Know
08  Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay
       (Otis Redding cover)
09  Ain't That News


The Galaxy
Auckland, NZ
July 4, 1986    

audience recording (sound quality VG)

SAMPLE: "Don't Bury My Heart" (live '86)


01 Spiritual Hunger
02 So Deep
03  Don't Bury My Heart
04  Timmy
05  Fraction Too Much Friction
06  No Thunder No Fire No Rain
07  Carve You In Marble
08  Six Months in a Leaky Boat 
09  Hole In My Heart
10 Big Canoe
11 Water Into Wine
12 Made My Day
13 License to Kill (Dylan cover)
14 In a Minor Key
15 Staring at the Embers
16 Hyacinth

MUCHOS GRACIAS to lottiesdad, Camus and Janemusic for sharing.

ROB SEZ: Tim's younger brother Neil gets more acclaim, but Tim showed Neil the way as a founder of Split Enz and, later, a solo artist. Tim and Neil have collaborated through the years in Split Enz, Finn Brothers and Crowded House. But Tim had a good thing going in the 1980s when he launched his solo career, and recorded some enduring albums. I'm calling this week "Tim Time" at the blog. 


Learn more about the music of Tim Finn at 


No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...