Saturday, September 4

The Gordons - Wellington, N.Z. 1984 (sbd)

Terminus Hotel 
Wellington, New Zealand
July 5, 1984


soundboard recording (quality: VG++)


01 Reactor
02 Quality Control
03 Joker
04 Red Line 
05 Mono Flo
06 Identity
07 Machine Song
08 Adults and Children
09 Lead Room
10 Dreams Are Free
*
11 25,000 Years*
12 Mentus Fugit

*song titles for 10 & 11 are guesses, based on the lyrics



ROB SEZ: Once again, I'm featuring a band I don't know much about, except that they're from N.Z., and were part of the Flying Nun crew. They didn't release a lot of music before they folded. Yet The Gordons caused enough of a stir that tapers like crankingamps were paying attention. All thanks to him for recording & sharing this one.


6 comments:

  1. The Gordons evolved into a band called Bailter Space who are quite excellent. Still a New Zealand band but I believe they moved to New York City. Still putting out excellent records. Highly recommended! PS: Some places the band name is put out as Bailterspace (one word). Love the New Zealand (& Australia) stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello chuckrh - thank you for this insight. I'd heard of Bailter Space, but did not know it had its origins in The Gordons. I'll check to see if I have anything in the archives from BS, although I doubt it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it turns out I do! So you can expect a post featuring BS in a month or so. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Thanks! If you see any around, check out Australian band You Am I. They are 1 of my all time favorite bands. Kind of like an Aussie Replacements to a certain extent. 1 of the best live bands out there. Tim Rogers is the singer & he has plenty of solo stuff, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm familiar with YAI, and have ROIOs I can share. Will be awhile before I post anything, since this is an N.Z. series. But Australia isn't far from N.Z., of course, so I will keep Y.A.I. in mind...

      Delete
  5. Muito Bom! Rockn`Roll de primeira. Agradecido. Jayme, de Brasil.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...