Monday, September 27

The Beths - Chicago, IL 2019 (sbd)

Lincoln Hall 
Chicago, IL
March 6, 2019 


soundboard-sourced webcast capture (quality: Ex-)

01 Whatever
02 You Wouldn't Like Me 
03 Not Running
04 Warm Blood
05 Great No One
06 River Run (Lvl 1)
07 Idea/Intent
08 Lying In the Sun
09 Happy Unhappy
10 chit-chat & thank you's
11 Little Death
12 Less Than Thou
13 applause, crowd
14 Future Me Hates Me
15 Uptown Girl

The Beths:
Elizabeth Stokes - vocals, guitar 
Jonathan Pearce - guitar, vocals 
Benjamin Sinclair - bass, vocals 
Ivan Luketina-Johnston - drums, vocals, tambourine
   
ROB SEZ:
I didn't know anything about New Zealand's The Beths until I started this series and Chuck got in touch. Quite the enthusiast, Chuck persuaded me The Beths are the real deal, and he's totally on the money: winsome pop played with rock energy, fronted by Elizabeth Stokes, a charming singer with a sly sense of humor. (If I'd been paying closer attention, I would've already known Neil & Tim Finn are fans.) The Beths deserve an honored spot on anyone's list of "Worthy NZ Bands Old & New." Indykid captured this webcast beautifully, and I ripped the audio. The source is lossy, but it's high quality — so I'm sharing my lossless capture here also. Sample and purchase The Beths' music at Bandcampincluding the just-released live recording Auckland, New Zealand 2020.


    

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rob! I thought you would like the band judging by the kind of stuff you post. Glad I was right! There's a nice little dark streak in the lyrics, very reminiscent of Neil Finn's best lyrics. If we can ever get out of the plague & Crowded House tours the state, I think the Beths would be a fine opening act. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for this and previous posts featuring the 3Ds and the Clean. Great, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...