Friday, April 10

The dB's - Greensboro, N.C. 1981 (aud)

LOSSLESS REPOST
Friday's
Greensboro, NC
Oct. 20, 1981

   
audience recording (sound quality: VG+)
   
One of my all-time favorite dB's photos. 
I'm guessing 1981 or '82.
About this recording: while working on the original post — featuring a great write-up from fantom, I noticed the recording was a bit chipmunked. I'm guessing the speed problem was due to 1980s-era cassette dubbing. When I obtained dB's Fan's treasure trove of tapes, I discovered a low-gen. copy of this show in his collection. I digitized the tape, slowed it down to the proper speed, and gave it a few other tweaks to improve the sound. BIG THANKS to the taper and ALL PRAISE to dB's Fan for the upgrade.

Outside Friday's one night, long ago
Rusty Moore / LoudFastPhoto
DISC 1
01 banter + (I Thought) 
     You Wanted to Know
02 Bad Reputation
03 Dynamite (cuts out mid-song)

A GROOVY flyer from Friday's
04 Big Brown Eyes (cuts in)
05 I Feel Good Today
06 pH Factor
07 Ups and Downs
08 Nothing Is Wrong
09 The Fight
10 If and When

DISC 2
01 Black and White
02 Big Time
03 Judy
04 Tomorrow Never Knows
05 The Summer Sun
06 Storm Warning
07 Excitement
08 Time Has Come Today
09 We Were Happy There
10 Happenstance
11 Neverland
12 Louie Louie*
13 Death Garage*
14 Let's Live For Today*

    
*Last 3 songs with Mitch Easter on guitar
   
The dB’s:
Chris Stamey – guitar & vocals
Peter Holsapple – guitar, keyboard & vocals
Gene Holder – bass
Will Rigby – drums & backing vocals

  
*Mitch Easter, guitar (as noted above)

FLAC
  
MP3@320
   
  

1 comment:

  1. Anytime I see one of your postings, I'm thankful for what you offer. When I see an upgrade, it's an unexpected bonus. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...