Friday, November 4

Weather Station - Copenhagen, DK 2022 (aud)

Loppen 
Copenhagen, Denmark
March 30, 2022

audience recording (sound quality: VG++, from master recording by willer)
-sample "Loss" live in Toronto, 2021-
01
crowd, band entrance 
02 Loss
03 Separated
04 You & I
05 Way it Is, Way it Could Be 
06 Stars
07 Ignorance (Magpie)
08 Look
09 Tried to Tell You
10 Better Now
11 Wear
12 Heart
13 Robber
14 Atlantic
15 Parking Lot
16 To Talk About 
17 Subdivisions
18 Thirty

ROB SEZ: Remember the long parade of "New Bob Dylans"? Seems like whenever a music journalist bestowed the label on a promising new musician, it turned out to be the kiss of death — or at least a guarantee of career-long obscurity. So when I say The Weather Station's founder and frontwoman Tamara Lindeman sounds to me like the new Joni Mitchell, I sincerely hope I'm not casting bad juju in her direction. I'm not making the comparison merely because Joni & Tamara are both Canadians. I say it because it's been forever since I could draw a sincere comparison between the great JM and another artist with anything close to her talent for songwriting, singing, and bottling magic in the recording studio. Lindeman deserves hundreds of thousands of willing hearts and minds to hear and appreciate her extraordinary musical art, which mixes folk, rock, singer-songwriter, jazz, and pop in roughly equal measure, depending on the album or tour in question. Very big thanks to willer for recording & sharing this one, which is a great-sounding audie. Please enjoy.


        

2 comments:

  1. Rob. This is great. I have a couple of albums already. They are so good. Thank you. Kind Regards.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...