Sunday, November 21

Owsley - Live & Rare (by request)

(Will) Owsley
Live & Rare archive 
various venues, dates
1997-2004

WHAT'S IN THIS ARCHIVE:


Owsley - Mess With Me (from debut, indie version, 1997) HQ MP3

Owsley - Newark, N.J. 1999-02-21 MP3

Owsley - Newark, N.J. 2000-02-21 HQ MP3

Owsley - Roseville, CA 2000-03-04 HQ MP3

Owsley - Live On Drive 105 (2003) HQ MP3

Owsley - Vintage Vinyl, Nashville, TN 2004-03-04 (untracked) MP3@256 

Owsley - Vintage Vinyl, Nashville, TN 2004-03-20 (RDF edit) HQ MP3

Owsley - photos + Big Takeover scanned article


ROB SEZ: I don't get many requests these days. So when a blog reader left a recent comment, "More Owsley, please!" I was inclined to oblige if I found the time — which I did just a few days ago. Years ago, I created a proper blog post featuring a 2004 FM broadcast by the late, great Will Owsley. In case the name doesn't ring a bell, Will was a master of tasty, crunchy guitar pop. Here is the rest of my ROIO archive for Owsley, featuring live recordings (mostly audience recordings in VG or better quality) plus a rarity. Still want more? Head over to Pop Fair and cross your fingers that Haper still has an active link for the collection of Owsley demos and non-album tracks he put together years ago.


MP3@320

(as received; I do not have these in lossless)

     

6 comments:

  1. Rob. Thank you so much for posting these great tracks by the late great Will Owsley.
    All I need now is some great rare Semantics music and I will be very happy. Thank you once again. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe + binkerbo - glad to send some happiness your way. Joe: if you'd be interested in the Semantics' unreleased demos compilation I have (19 tracks), leave me another comment and I will reply here with a link, some time next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob. I have been busy working and have only just seen your comment. Yes please. More Semantics please!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, Joe. Will put your request on my list. Not sure when I can get to it, but I will try not to forget about it...

      Delete
  4. I have bought SO much music following your wonderful series of New Zealand bands music. Outstanding work Rob

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...