Saturday, June 26

Returning Soon with Cool N.Z. Music Posts

Coming Your Way:
ROIOs by New Zealand Indie Groups I Love


ROB SEZ: After a much-needed break, I will be re-booting the blog very soon with weekly posts by New Zealand artists & bands I love. Who'm I talking about? The Clean, David Kilgour, The Chills, The Verlaines, The Bats, The Great Unwashed, The 3Ds, Crowded House, The Finn Brothers, The Gordons, The Mutton Birds, Don McGlashan, 7 Worlds Collide and the great Dave Dobbyn. That's not a complete list of Kiwi music I listen to, but it pretty well covers the ones for which I have ROIOs to share.

"Why N.Z. music?" you might wonder. I fell in love with the country when I went there with my wife for a 2-week visit back in the 1980s. I love the whole vibe and feel of the place, but I don't think it receives nearly enough attention or recognition. (Let's not forget which country was the most effective in quickly kicking COVID's ass as a public health hazard...) In keeping with the "Every Cult Band Needs a Cult" ethos of the blog, it seemed right to shine a spotlight on a place with a LOT to like — especially its many wonderful indie bands.

The first post of the re-boot is coming your way in a few days, so check back here soon.
                 
      

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! As always, thank you for your sharing and your efforts! Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, binman. Hope you're having a good summer...

      Delete
  2. Rob-in-Brevard - Looking forward to more New Zealand music as well. Love all of those bands that you listed. Have been fortunate enough to visit NZ twice - once in 1992 and again in 2002. Spent some time record shopping in Dunedin and felt the whole Flying Nun vibe.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...