Tuesday, October 3

Game Theory - Live Rarities 1983-1988

Live Rarities
songs rarely played live
1983-1988

FM + soundboard recordings (sound quality range: VG to VG++; might be 1 or 2 audience recordings in here...
 


ROB SEZ: It's been too long since I featured anything by the talented and much-lamented Scott Miller. He fronted a couple of other groups in his lifetime, but my fave was Game Theory. Super Mega Thanks to Mick for compiling these and creating the artwork, and to Don at the old ASH blog for sharing. If you're not aware of Omnivore's amazing reissue series (packed with bonus tracks), head over here lickety-split.

Supercalifragile - the final album, out now
Scott Miller had started work on a new Game Theory album at the time of his death.
Posies co-leader Ken Stringfellow took the recordings and created a superb final Game Theory album.
Buy it HERE at Bandcamp. THANK YOU Ken and Kristine Miller. 
BELOW: couldn't resist a photo of Mitch E. with the band, around the time Lolita Nation was recorded.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this. I appreciate any and all Scott Miller recordings I can get my hands on. And I second the recommendation for everyone to go buy the Omnivore reissues and Supercalifragile - wonderful packages made by dedicated, loving people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! I didn't have alot of these songs. My local store didn't have the new album[try to support them 1st]. Guess I'll have to order it online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think you'll be glad you purchased the new album. Was just listening to it yesterday: excellent.

      Delete
  3. Much appreciated. Was once privileged to see Game Theory at Trinlkle Hall on the campus of William and Mary. An intimate venue a few yards from Colonial Williamsburg two floors above the campus radio station, WCWM. One of the great events of my time there. Hope to see the dBs again in the future. Keep letting your light shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Derek - thanks for the thanks! That's a cool story about seeing Game Theory live. And there are LOTS of us who hope to see the deeBs live again one day...

      Delete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...